24 Times It Is Awkward To Be Diabetic
1. When people ask why you're wearing a beeper
2. When you find test strips in weird places
3. When you need to pee all the time
4. When you have to fit your pump into formal attire
5. (There are ways around that)
6. When people share their non-analogous conditions with you
A cold is definitely NOT the same.
7. When you can't go anywhere without a bag of supplies and snacks
8. When someone confuses Type 1 with Type 2
9. When your pump beeps in church
Or in class. Or in a security checkpoint. Or during a first date. Or basically anytime.
10. When you have more needle bruises than a heroin addict
And more needles to match.
11. When you have to eat before and after exercise
Why even bother?
12. When your pump sets off the metal detector at the airport
13. And when you then get the full pat-down
14. Because you're also traveling with a full suitcase of drugs and needles
15. When your friends don't understand food
16. because they haven't counted carbs since age five
17. When you have to carry low snacks with you everywhere
18. And when your friends are jealous of them
OMG I haven't had Gummy bears in SO LONG. It must be awesome to get to eat them all the time!
19. When it looks like you're drunk
I'm Not Drunk! I'm Low, please help me.
20. But when you really just have a low blood sugar
21. When people told you you were too young to need diet soda
22. When people ask you what you do with your pump during sex
23. And when you get tangled in your pump tubing during sex
24. And when you realized what a cruel joke this song was for you:
It's kinda messed up TBH.
IF YOU ENJOYED THAT, WE WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST AND DON’T FORGET TO PIN IT! 📌